Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Colleges and Universities

Right now I am trying to finid out which colleges and universities in the United States have good Biology and Marine Biology programs. On every single website that I have found, they say that you should NOT specialize in anyhitng to early. In the long run, as long as you have a degree in some general area of science, it will not matter later on. I personally want to major in Biology, possibly with a minor in Marine Biology or Zoology. Marine Biology is such a huge area of study, I don't want to get too specific too fast. Right now I am looking all over the internet to see what I can find so far I have found that University of California in San Diego, Hawaii Pacific, Duke, and CMU all have really great biology programs. After I get more information I will try to contact some of these places to see if they have any good information for me about their school's Biology or Marine Department. Actually, now that I think about it, I know Dr. Carrie Doonan who is a professor at CMU in the Biology Department, I would be able to contact her easily.

http://www.biology.duke.edu/undergrad/Contacts.html
http://www.cmu.edu/bio/undergraduate/studentlife/index.shtml

No comments: